Sunday, November 28, 2010

EXTRA CREDIT BLOG!!!!



Before taking RTF 305, I have never written or used a blog in my life.  However, during the course of this semester, I believe that one of the positive aspects of using a blog for this class is that it helped me understand better the material.  For example, I felt that answering blog questions that specifically focused on a subject that related to the readings and class lectures, made it easier to comprehend the information, because you kind had to go back and review the class and reading notes.  In many ways, I felt that the material stayed in my head because of the way the blog prompts required us to sometimes describe or define things in our own words and then use examples to support it. 
However, one of the main difficulties that I first encountered while using the blogs was finding out ways to embed videos and kind of organize the pictures the way I wanted them.  I ended figuring out how to do this after reading instructions on the blogger site under the “help” icon at the top of the “Blogger” page.  As of all the blogs I have written this semester, I pretty much love all the ones that we had to include specific examples to support our explanation.  For example, I really enjoyed the Hegemony blog, the comparison blog of  “All in the Family” sitcom to a sitcom of today (in which I compared to “That ‘70s Show”), the 3 Act Structure blog, and the advertising blog.  I really enjoyed these blogs because I was able to compare and embed examples that helped understand what I was writing.  The blog that I found to be difficult was probably the last as it was kind of hard to rewrite a definition that described globalization and find an example that fit the definition.
I would definitely recommend using a blog in future RTF courses because it is a nice way to share your opinion and view other peoples opinion on a subject of discussion. I also believe that is a nice way to interact connect with other students at UT. One suggestion that I have on improving this blogging experience for the future is to give students during discussion to share their blog post as it would be interesting to see what others write and the videos they post.


***Yes, you can use my blog in a paper or report***

No comments:

Post a Comment